Please assign a menu to the primary menu location under menu


Do You Want to Have a Baby?

Time is of the essence when you want to start a family. However, some people may have troubles conceiving. If you have this problem, you still can find a viable solution. This solution goes past the usual assumption that in vitro fertilisation or IVF is the only option. You can also explore other options if you are having trouble along these lines.

There Are Other Fertility Options

Some gynecologists have observed that many of their patients choose another fertility option besides IVF. Therefore, you should never be reluctant about getting a fertility test in Singapore procedures and reviewing all of the options.

Both the Man and Woman Should Be Tested

Unfortunately, some couples believe that a fertility issue is always due to an issue with the woman. However, a successful conception is not just up to the woman. A healthy sperm must meet a healthy egg. Therefore, both male and female fertility must be addressed.

Male Fertility Issues

If the man has a problem with fertility, it usually is attributed to two main concerns. These concerns cover either sperm production or sperm delivery. For example, a man may have a low sperm count, or the sperm may not be of a high quality. Sperm with unusual structure or low motility may prevent a couple from getting pregnant. Some of the problems with delivery may entail a blockage in the sperm ducts, which prevents sperm from entering a woman’s body.

Female Fertility Problems

Usually, female infertility issues have to do with three main issues. These issues concern egg production, egg delivery, or blocked fallopian tubes. Implantation can therefore be a problem. The woman may also suffer from conditions, such as endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, or cysts.

Undergoing a Fertility Assessment

When you undergo a fertility assessment, both members of the couple must go through a comprehensive review of their medical histories. An ultrasound is also performed of the woman’s womb. Blood tests for the woman may be required as well. A fallopian tube examination may be facilitated by hysterosalpingogram (HSG). An HSG is an x-ray of the pelvic area. This x-ray is used to look at the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries. A sperm test is also conducted for the man.

Making a Distinction in Testing

A fertility assessment is different from a screening for pre-conception. A preconception screening is ordered for couples who have been attempting to conceive, but have been unsuccessful in their efforts.

How to Initiate the Process

If you wish to have a fertility assessment made, you should first schedule a consultation for both of you. Either that, or the woman should visit her gynecologist to seek the needed help. Again, time is of the essence, so you cannot procrastinate when you are trying to have a family.

Realising Success

By taking the needed steps – consultation and assessment, you will find that you can resolve any infertility issues successfully. You just need to know where to begin. If you are a woman, talk to your gynecologist, and see what you need to do to proceed. Check with your gynecologist, if you are a woman, now. Tell him or her about what you wish to do with respect to an assessment so that you can go forward easily.